Memory Gardens, Livermore
Request A Quote
About Memory Gardens, Livermore
This cemetery is owned and operated by the Independent Order of Odd Fellows #219 of Livermore, California. Livermore Herald, February 18, 1911: The first body to be buried in the new cemetery was Beatrice Waggoner, daughter of Logan Waggoner of San Francisco. She died at the home of her grandparents, Jacob and Partenia Waggoner of Livermore.
However, it wasn’t until October 1, 1911 (according to cemetery records) that the first plot/site was purchased by one Jacob Waggoner who was undoubtly the aforementioned grandfather.
There was an iron gateway over the center pathway into the cemetery identifing the cemetery with the date 1910. It is quite possible this iron gateway was removed when the latest renovation was started as it is no longer in place.
In 1959 the cemetery was incorporated so that the cemetery could more profitably be run. The IOOF organization was rapidly losing their membership money for the upkeep and maintenance of the cemetery and it was becoming more of a burden to keep in repair. So a period of renovation and beautifying of the cemetery was undertaken by the board of directors of the cemetery during 1959 and 1960. On April 1, 1960 there was an unveiling of an Italian marble Chistus Statue of Carrara marble which had been placed in the center of a new section of the cemetery, The Garden of Peace. The cemetery board, caretakers and secretary are all concerned about the beautification of the cemetery and it now remains in excellent condition due to their efforts.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sundays by appointment