Home of Peace Cemetery, Oakland
Request A Quote
About Home of Peace Cemetery, Oakland
The Home of Peace Cemetery is a small Jewish cemetery in East Oakland in the Fairfax neighborhood. It is not quite clear when the cemetery first began operations. Some sources say it was founded in 1901 by the Beth Jacob Congregation, while others say it was established in 1893 or 1899, and then purchased by Beth Jacob in 1901. All burials there take place according to Orthodox Jewish Law.
The cemetery includes a fountain that was built in 1926. The names of prominent Jewish community members from the time are on tiles around the base. Major renovation work was done to the cemetery and fountain in 2009.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sundays by appointment